Sunday 30 October 2011

Colors and usability

For the past week Iv been messing around with photoshop, making some basic websites designs, using different colors, textures and even watching tutorials on Youtube.
Picking the correct colors is an important part of making a website as the viewers may vary in age and purpose. i.e.. business, clients and fans.
So my aim will be to make my website both sophisticated and fun at the same time, but also keeping in mind the importance of usability.

Iv done some research on the internet relating to website usability, and i have found a blog that helps a lot by explaining briefly the key points of ease of use and usability and offers you a checklist for when creating a website.

http://www.usereffect.com/topic/25-point-website-usability-checklist

Below I have a mock up of what I produced on photoshop, this is only a basic stucture of what my website may will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment